By Dr. Marty Becker, Dr. Lisa Radosta, Dr. Wailani Sung, and Mikkel Becker
From Fearful to Fear Free
A Number One New Release in Animal Psychology Science and Zoology
Even though a good dog owner is attentive to their furry friend’s physical needs – feeding them, bathing them, and playing with them – they sometimes overlook a dog’s emotional needs. Dogs can experience a number of phobias, anxiety, and especially fear. In From Fearful to Fear Free: A Positive Program to Free Your Dog from Anxiety, Fears, and Phobias dog owners can begin to fully understand about this health concern. Want to read more? Find the full press release here.
What is Fear Free?
Fear Free is dedicated to creating a world where all pets experience Fear Free and enrichment at every stage in their life from shelters and breeders to homes, veterinary visits, trainers, groomers, the pet sitter or boarding kennel, dog parks, transportation, and more. In a nutshell, Fear Free looks to ensure that everyone involved in a pet’s life looks after both it’s physical and emotional wellbeing. Download the full PDF here.
Studies on the effects of fear, anxiety, and stress (FAS) in veterinary patients clearly demonstrate the scope and depth of the problems facing our patients, their owners, and the veterinary team. These studies identify the extent of problems from home to clinic and home again, the negative consequences on pets’ physical and emotional health, and the effect that FAS has on the level, frequency, and quality of veterinary care that pets receive. Implementing a Fear-Free approach can dramatically improve the health, wellbeing, and safety of the pet, owner, and entire veterinary practice. Download the full PDF here.
Become a member of Fear Free Happy Homes and get access to the most cutting-edge content and education to help brighten and enrich your pet’s life to the fullest.
Pet owners can sign up for a free Fear Free Happy Home membership at https://fearfreehappyhomes.com
- Access to resources and education to make veterinary visits Fear Free
- Resources to enhance a pet’s emotional wellbeing. Online courses for pet owners to address common problems related to fear, anxiety, and stress
- Tips and tricks to provide a pet with in-home enrichment
- One-of-a-kind deals on cutting-edge pet products for members only on the first Friday of every month
- An online directory of Fear Free Certified Professionals, including veterinarians, groomers, boarding kennels, and daycare providers)